15.11.12

Sparkle Me Silly

Embellishment Queen
Sunglasses: Sportsgirl
Top: Zara
Shorts: Ksubi
Shoes: Sportsgirl
Watch: Swatch Watch

Here I go again with another one of my themed outfits! Today's theme is 'all that sparkles'. The more crystallisation the better! I am not about to wear a full on sequinned ball gown, that is not what it is about. It is about taking a simple piece of clothing, adding that little extra bling and therefore turning it into a statement piece. Embellished clothing seems to be turning up left, right and centre at the moment. My "Zara" singlet top with crystallised shoulders is the perfect match for my "Ksubi" mini shorts with crystallisation on the pockets. I didn't need to add much more to the outfit as I didn't want to take away from the embellishment. I just added simple neon jellies from "Sportsgirl" and bam I was ready to jump in the puddles all day! 



I love food trucks but I love Adriano Zumbo's food truck even more. A truck full of macaroons is pretty much everybody's dream! Today Zumbo himself and his truck had set up camp in Chatswood Mall. Even though it was raining there was still a line all the way down the mall! 



He had eight different macaroon flavours on offer. His speciality at the moment is the whacky "chocolate peanut butter and jelly" macaroon. After lining up for twenty minutes due to a rather inefficient organisational system (delegation of tasks was not the staff's strong point) at the counter KJ and I were finally served. We ordered three salted caramel (trust, our favourite), two raspberry shortbread and one chocolate peanut butter and jelly just for fun. We don't even like peanut butter but had to get it anyway! 


Obviously, we regularly get the salted caramel and think they are great (hence buying three) but it was our first time trying the raspberry shortcake and the chocolate peanut butter and jelly. The raspberry shortcake was extremely sweet (not a bad thing) and tasted exactly like shortcake. How he does it, I will never know! The chocolate peanut butter and jelly was pink jelly and jam on one side and chocolatey-peanut butter on the other. Not being a fan of peanut butter I mainly nibbled on the jam side but if I was it would have been delicious! 

Assorted Macaroons $2.5 each

I then had my photo taken with Adriano and chatted to him while he signed my box. He was extremely up beat and friendly despite the weather. He was doing signings all day and then going into work ... ahh the life of a pastry chef! 


Zumbo Food Truck
Roaming Sydney, NSW

Ambiance: 6/10
Food: 8.5/10




No comments:

Post a Comment